I started this blog to share my recipes and techniques on how I like to cook or prepare food. I enjoy cooking and I love to make sure everyone is fed and fed well. lol I hope to be able to help with questions about different types of food and how to cook or prepare it. I also hope to share my love of food with you and for you to share yours with me.

If you would like, you can leave a comment or question for me here and I will try to answer you with-in 24 hrs.

Thank you for stopping by my blog.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day! Death by Chocoalte! LOL

I have been raking my brain for the past month trying to figure out what to make for my little man and hubby for this most loving day. They are both chocoholics, me not so much. Don't get me wrong, I love my chocolate just as much as the next girl but my guys LOVE chocolate! LOL

A few yrs ago I made a Hot Fudge Pudding Cake that we all loved. And now of course I couldn't find the recipe! So I've been searching for it this past week and finally found it in the final hour. :-D

Hot Fudge Pudding Cake



Ingredients:

1-¼ cups granulated sugar, divided
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa, divided
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup milk
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
1-½ teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup packed light brown sugar
1-¼ cups hot coffee
Whipped topping or Vanilla Ice Cream

Directions:

1. Heat the oven to 350*. Combine ¾ cup sugar, flour, ¼ cup cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk, butter and vanilla; beat until smooth.

2. Pour batter into an un-greased 9-inch square baking pan. Stir together remaining ½ cup granulated sugar, brown sugar and remaining 1/4 cup cocoa; sprinkle mixture evenly over batter. Pour hot coffee over top; do not stir.

3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from oven; let stand 15 minutes. You do NOT want it to be completely set, it is soft served from the bottom. Serve in dessert dishes, spooning sauce from the bottom of the pan over the top. Garnish with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream. Makes about 8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment