I started this blog to share my recipes and techniques on how I like to cook or prepare food. I enjoy cooking and I love to make sure everyone is fed and fed well. lol I hope to be able to help with questions about different types of food and how to cook or prepare it. I also hope to share my love of food with you and for you to share yours with me.

If you would like, you can leave a comment or question for me here and I will try to answer you with-in 24 hrs.

Thank you for stopping by my blog.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Hibernating for the Winter!

Well, it has been too long. I promised myself that I wouldn't procrastinate anymore. I have been taking notes and pictures of almost everything I have been cooking now for the past few months. I have to get busy now and post them for you. So, here goes......


This is what is planned for Valentines Day dinner, with Oven Roasted New Potatoes and Asparagus. The recipes for them will come later.

Greek Style Rib Eye Steaks


INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon dried oregano
  • 1 tablespoon dried basil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • ¼ teaspoon pepper
  • 4 beef rib-eye steaks (1 ½ inches thick)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • ¼ cup crumbled feta or blue cheese
  • 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Turn oven onto Broil. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; rub onto both sides of steaks. Place steaks onto a broiler pan that has been oiled with olive oil to prevent them sticking. Depending on how you like your steaks you will turn them in about 4-6 minutes for medium rare or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare a meat thermometer should read 145 degrees F, medium, 160 degrees F, well-done, 170 degrees F). Sprinkle with lemon juice, cheese and olives. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment