I started this blog to share my recipes and techniques on how I like to cook or prepare food. I enjoy cooking and I love to make sure everyone is fed and fed well. lol I hope to be able to help with questions about different types of food and how to cook or prepare it. I also hope to share my love of food with you and for you to share yours with me.

If you would like, you can leave a comment or question for me here and I will try to answer you with-in 24 hrs.

Thank you for stopping by my blog.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Olive Garden Dish Verses the Home Version of Chicken Gnocchi

I first discovered Chicken Gnocchi about a year ago at Olive Garden. I loved it so much I went home that evening and searched for a recipe. It took about 2 tries and I got it! At least I think I did. lol Now it is a dinner everyone in the family asks for, even my picky 10 yr old. :P


Ingredients:

·    5 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
·    ½ tablespoon Montreal Chicken Seasoning
·    Salt & Pepper to taste
·    ½ cup butter (1 stick)
·    1 tablespoon olive oil
·    3 cups chicken stock
·    1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
·    2 stalks celery, grated
·    3 roasted garlic cloves, smashed
·    1 carrot, grated
·    1 medium onion, diced
·    2 cups fresh spinach, 6 oz. bag
·    12 ounces mini potato gnocchi
·    ¾ tablespoon flour (optional)

Directions:

1.    Season, chop and sauté the chicken in butter and a little olive oil until opaque. Deglaze the pan with a little of the chicken stock and reserve it for the stockpot.

2.    Sauté the celery, onion, garlic, and carrot in butter over medium heat until onions are translucent. Season as desired with salt and pepper.

3.    Add chicken to onion mixture in a large stockpot. Then add the reserved chicken stock, the remaining chicken stock, and the cream. Heat to boiling, and then add gnocchi. Gently boil for 4 minutes, and then turn down to a simmer for 10 minutes.

4.    Add spinach and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until spinach is wilted.

5.    Heat to boiling and add flour that has been dissolved in 1-2 Tbsp chicken stock at this point, if you want a thicker soup.

6.    Ladle into bowls and serve with some crunchy croutons! Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment