I started this blog to share my recipes and techniques on how I like to cook or prepare food. I enjoy cooking and I love to make sure everyone is fed and fed well. lol I hope to be able to help with questions about different types of food and how to cook or prepare it. I also hope to share my love of food with you and for you to share yours with me.

If you would like, you can leave a comment or question for me here and I will try to answer you with-in 24 hrs.

Thank you for stopping by my blog.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

To night was a night of simplicity!

To night was a night of simplicity. A steak, pasta and corn on the cob. 30 minutes and dinner was done. To help you with this easy meal, I'll let you know how I prepared it.

The steaks were an inexpensive cut of chuck eye. Very tender AND flavorful. I let them thaw out on the counter for about 15 minutes in hot water. As they were thawing I put the water on to boil for the pasta and frozen corn on the cob. I used a boxed pasta of linguine Alfredo and prepared it as directed except that I waited to put the milk and special seasonings into the pot until AFTER the noodles were almost done. The corn was the easiest, popped them into the boiling water with a little salt until every thing else was done.

While the noodles were boiling I seasoned the steaks with meat tenderizer, Montreal Steak Seasoning and evoo (Extra Virgin Olive Oil). I tenderize almost ALL of the meats I prepare with a stainless steel tenderizing mallet. Makes for a VERY tender steak.

 I let them sit for a few minutes while I checked on the noodles and the corn. I turned the heat onto medium high for my skillet to heat up for the steaks. I like my steak medium rare but the hubby likes his medium. So I seared them both together on both sides for about 4 minutes on each side them removed mine and turned off the heat but left the hubbies there for him to get. That way his cooked a little longer and was done to his likeness.

Voila! Dinner was served!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! A cooking blog! Hopefully there'll be pictures, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some pictures but I want to try and put new pictures with the new posts as I go along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good! I haven't cooked steak in a while!

    ReplyDelete